About Spelt Engineering & Contracting
Spelt Engineering & Contracting provides engineering services in the field of welding metallurgy, welding engineering, verification inspection and optimization of fabrication processes.
Our outstanding expertise is based on more than 30 years of experience in the engineering and fabrication industry for a variety of process equipment and steel structures.
We provide expertise to engineers and fabricators particularly in the Offshore & Energy industry. Specialising in all materials ranging from Carbon Steel up to the most complex alloys – including: Low alloy steel, Stainless Steel, Duplex and Super-Duplex, Nickel steel and Nickel Alloys.
Welding engineering services
- Optimization of integrated weld design versus design codes and construction standards
- Development of welding and fabrication specifications in compliance with client specifications and international standards
- Preparation of Welding Procedure Specification in compliance with various international standards like: ASME IX, ANSI B31.3, ANSI B31.4, AWS D1.1, AWS D1.5, API 1104, EN 15614-all parts
- Design of cost effective qualification programs
- Optimization of welding and fabrication processes, mechanization, automation
- Trouble shooting
- Expert witness in welding technology
Metallurgical engineering services
- Design-integrated selection of materials for corrosive, dynamic or arctic service applications
- Optimization of the weldability properties of materials
- Development of material approval and weldability programs
- Development of Material Data Sheets for standard or specification compliant procurement
- Development of fit for purpose test programs
- Failure investigation at deterioration of properties by corrosion, fracture or wear
- Expert witness in material technology
Fabrication engineering services
- Evaluation of manufacturers’ ability to produce equipment or structures in compliance with contract specifications and agreed delivery date.
- Optimization of fabrication processes
- Exchange of proven fabrication experiences